Blog 1

     Hi! My name is Jen and I am a college freshman at Florida State University. I am from Buffalo, NY and have lived there for most of my life. I am currently studying as an English Education major. 


    My prior use of technology in an educational setting wasn't much up until my junior year of high school. We were given surface pros for our own educational use and were provided many resources to help with schooling. These included Microsoft programs, study tools like quizlet and Albert.io as well as presentation tools like Prezi. After this point, almost every assignment we did in class was in an online format. 


    Most of my personal learning networks are in the form of social media. I use YouTube for many instructional videos, whether it be for math skills or audio readings. Twitter I have used for many class discussions during quarantine and Instagram to connect with school clubs and resources. Offline, I often connect with my high school teachers with any help or questions I might have.

Comments

  1. I always enjoy hearing about new learning tools... I've never heard of Albert.io. Can you tell me a little more about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a site where there are a library of categorized AP style questions to help practice for exams!

      Delete
  2. I too thought about majoring in English Education because I want to teach English abroad after college for a couple of years, but I decided to major in something else. What made you decide to be an English Major?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love all my English classes throughout middle and high school and could see myself being passionate about my job if I followed this career path!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts